Thursday, January 18, 2007

Charlotte Mason Resolutions

(Clare Francis and Patrick Gabriel -- when I first discovered CM, through reading For the Children's Sake, Clare was not much older than Patrick is now)'

I mentioned that one of my New Years Resolutions was to read Charlotte Mason's Home Education. I have been following Amyable's CM Blog and also marking up my own copy at home. The Simply Charlotte Mason blog has a series going on Habits which is good reading, and we may have a Real Learning discussion of one of her books. I thought I would like to write down some notes on here as I read through Home Education, partly trying to understand her words in their context and as she intended them (I by no means claim to be an expert) and partly to ponder about how her ideas have influenced my homeschooling and mothering and what I intend to do or think about as a result of the rereading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On another site you mentioned you bought the red letter alphabet book. Do you know where you can buy them for a discount? email me at bless7ings@yahoo.com Thank you Tammy