Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I Don't Think I CAN

I got a bit stressed yesterday thinking about this whole unschooling thing, and decided to give it a rest. I wrote on a message board "I get emotional about this unschooling stuff, and I can't figure out why". It's true!

I think it MAY be because it presses my "magical thinking" buttons.... "just trust the process" -- somehow it will work. That's not enough! So often, that is just a short cut to the ditch.

Neil Young says "the ditch is rougher going, but you meet more interesting people there." In a certain sense, it's absolutely true. Sometimes it's nice to take the scenic route. Not nice, but good. So I can see continuing to ponder the unschooling thing, but I CAN'T just meander in. I'll have to drive in on purpose.

For now, we're going to keep up the math and Latin and I will keep up this blog to record how we are all learning, all the time.

No comments: