Thursday, June 08, 2006

Outside Times

We actually had quite a full day today… so much so that I’m going to be too tired to write about it. First, the election results — Kevin discussing them. That was a thread in the day.

  • Clare and I discussed by email this wearing skirts subject. Funny to talk to one’s daughter by email when one is upstairs and the daughter downstairs.
  • OT was here to see Aidan.
  • In the afternoon, I baked cookies and let Aidan play outside in the front since I could keep an eye on him. I really love the fact that he can increasingly have personal independence, but at the same time protection is also on the agenda. He can’t play out there without supervision since we don’t really have a yard and that is hard. He is labor-intensive outside, too, so I do not often like to ask the older siblings to watch him since they find it difficult.

But the bright side is that when I’m out there with him, everyone else seems to gravitate out there too. Thus it was today. After preparing and eating a table dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread and salad, I took him out and pretty soon Kieron and Sean were out there too playing catch, and Paddy came out, and then Clare. Clare was trying to get the hang of working Liam’s ancient and very basic digital camera. She took several pictures to use up the rest of the memory capacity. Hmm, I don’t know how to upload pictures on this blog yet, but let me see what I can do.

Sean was trying 40 yard sprints to see how fast he could run. He measured the yards with sidewalk chalk on our street (hope the neighbors don’t mind : )) Our technology is not up to measuring his speed properly — the difference between 5 and 6 seconds is vast, Kevin points out, in a 40 yard dash, but our timer doesn’t make the necessary distinctions. But anyway, that’s where he was. I was worried about him hurting his knees wearing non-running shoes on the pavement, so I convinced him to stop after about 10 attempts.

Then he in turn convinced me to take him to the highschool tomorrow so he can try it on a real, level running track. He really wants to improve his time.

Then we came back inside and Clare uploaded the pics and showed them to us. Inspired, Sean hijacked my other blog and wrote this! Notice the similarity in style between his prose and that of the family members who commented. Either he hijacked the comments section too or there is a family resemblance in literary style : )!

Can you tell he is thirteen? He wants to write a sequel tomorrow! He wanted me to correct his punctuation but Clare thought it was better the way it was. We think he was influenced by “Magical Me“! I would like to add that he’s not REALLY like that ALL the time. After all, he does have 3 older siblings so he can’t get away with being Superstar all the time! He cracks us up though.
Aidan and his “purple stroller” — I was understating when I talked about how basic Liam’s digital is, perhaps you can tell. A new one is on my wish list but since we’ve had to buy a new dishwasher, a new freezer, and replace the car’s brakes, plus we have 3 birthdays this month, the camera is on hold for now. But anyway, there’s Aidan.

No comments: