Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Management Systems

Lists



I made these lists last year and they still seem to be working for me with minor adjustments. I have all the jobs written on index cards in different colors. Yellow is daily, blue weekly, green monthly and pink is seasonal. The basic idea comes from Sidetracked Home Executives.

These books worked better for me than anything else I've tried so far, even Flylady. Though I've benefited from some bits and pieces from Large Family Logistics and from Motivated Moms, SHE seems to fit my style the best. I seem to need a big picture view and lots of simplicity and structure combined for the daily details. The cards seem to suit my visual/kinesthetic side better than lists, though I hardly need to actually look at the cards any more.

This summer I would like to organize my books and try to figure out a simple routine for homeschooling. Not so much a schedule for my kids as one for me, to allow me to bring in ideas and plans within a fairly predictable framework.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I was inspired by that thread to organize our library as well. I spent some time doing it today but I have much more to do.

I spent the past year without any routine and we were miserable, both the children and I. I am not a stickler for a schedule, per say, but, instead, a nicely flowing routine works wonderfully around here. I hope your planning goes well, Willa.

Andrea R said...

I worte earleir today about an index card holder I made:
http://atypicalife.net/blog/?p=2834
With pictures. :)