Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Movies and Music and Miscellaneous

I have gotten behind on updating my journal here. Partly it is because our days seem to follow a fairly predictable pattern, so I was finding myself writing the same sorts of things again and again. I think in future, unless we get into a very different pattern of life, I’ll focus more on the things that are different within the framework.

For now I wanted to make a quick run-down of what’s going on in our house.

I have been trying to spend more time watching movies with Clare. Movie-watching is not my thing, but I guess it does not hurt to stretch. I bought her the DVD of Pride and Prejudice since we were at #72 or something in the country library waiting list. So the other day I made Redwall Autumn Oat Favourites and we sat and watched. A bonus to watching a video with Clare and Sean is that they will linger over the funny parts and watch them again and again and make up elaborate, wildly humorous stories about them.

The other day Supaseo came — if you remember, the first one was warped and so Liam had sent for another one. So we got to watch the rest and see the trailer and the premiere slideshow, and the outtakes, which was fun. Article about Patrick Seo here

Today we watched Andrew Lloyd Webber: The Royal Albert Hall Celebration. It’s funny how Sean and Paddy watched most of it, too, Paddy dancing to part of it.

Kieron and Sean are rereading The Prydain Chronicles. Our old set fell apart and I ended up buying new (used) ones.

Clare has been listening to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat on CD. It is cute though a bit sappy.

They are making progress on their movie.

Brendan is on part 2 of his second book. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the completion of his first book. Go Brendan!!!!

Nothing much else. Sean has decided not to do football this year. A disappointment to his coach and honestly, to us. He is so good. But we are supporting him on that. It means a quieter summer and I am feeling a bit bored by the quietness of our life. One of my goals this year is to get more involved in community life around here.

OH, and book organizing! I have found a shelf for every book, which is amazing! All except for the picture books. I have one low shelf where I intend to rotate through and change the books occasionally, until we have more shelving for them.

I have a SORT of system…. it is starting to come together in broad outline. Now I need to sub-categorize. It’s OK if that takes a long time. She says.

No comments: