Monday, November 27, 2006

Christ the King

Last Sunday was the Feast of Christ the King, and my daughter wrote a nice reflection on the meaning of Christ's kingship on her blog. I wanted to share it! It ties in nicely with the beginning of Advent, where we prepare for the coming of Jesus as a small helpless infant, yet still Christ our Lord with a host of angels at His command.

A bit of what she wrote:

...So often the Kingship of Christ is rather ignored and neglected. The focus is put so much on 'Jesus is my pal.' And pals do things for pals, right? As said in Fiddler on the Roof: "Of course right!" And I've seen it happen quite a bit... people pray for something, thinking that they're sure to get it, because, well, Jesus is their pal! And when the answer isn't the answer desired, things swiftly change. Jesus was their pal, but He betrayed them. It's all His fault, and they're just going to forget all about Him.

This 'pal' mentality can be so dangerous. Of course we're to grow close to Christ. And it's true that He humbles himself for us, and makes Himself utterly helpless......
Hope you enjoy reading it!

1 comment:

Mb said...

Great piece..thanks for sharing. I was a bit upset about some adoption woes in late October so I told Jesus I was only going to talk to His Mother for the rest of the evening. :)
You are right..I don't need a pal..I need a Savior.