Friday, November 10, 2006

Shh... They're Asleep

Paddy and Aidan have come down with some sort of virus. When they don’t sleep, I don’t sleep…. and Paddy seems to need a permanent motherly presence around him; he leaps out of bed the moment he senses my absence. So between that, and my Novel in a Month goals, I haven’t had much blogging time….

Anyone else doing NaNoWriMo? My daughter did it last year, and achieved her goal of 50,000 words. I decided to register this year and probably won’t get the certificate, but will definitely write much more than I would without the goal.

This has several benefits — our story club will thrive, and Liam was quite happy when we visited last week and had lots of writing to share.

Paddy and a couple of the others are watching Return of the King. … the cartoon version. Yes, it is certainly not a classic, but it has a beloved spot in our family because my older set of children were so much into it. So the silver lining in the virus cloud is an excuse to watch “comfort videos” and relive old days.