Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Notebooks




















This is my Montessori-type Album.

I use a template similar to this:
  • MATERIAL:
  • PRESENTATION:
  • POINT OF INTEREST:
  • CONTROL OF ERROR:
  • DIRECT AIM:
  • INDIRECT AIM:
  • AGE:
  • LANGUAGE:
  • EXTENSION:
  • VARIATION:














Here is what it looks like on the inside. I haven't divided it up by age of subject yet. Whenever I introduce something new -- book, resource, activity -- I try to write it up in here. Perhaps I'll try to write up some things we've used in the past, too. One more plan is to type up what I've hastily jotted.















These are my spirals. I use art sketch books because I like the weight and texture of the paper. I have plans, copywork, journal notes in there -- basically anything. I used to use lined spirals but found that I would write messily and then I had no incentive to go back and look at the old ones. Now the finished products are "keepers" to me and provide a record of what was going into and out of my mind during that time in my life.

No comments: