Wednesday, January 09, 2008

January Blues

Sigh…

All I really WANTED to do today was work on my story. I have written 20,000 words plus in the past couple of weeks. A bit late for NaNoWriMo but still, I am thrilled to be past my writer’s block. I just want to keep going, never mind anything else.

Unfortunately, life is not that simple. So we did some homeschooling and I fed the children and half-ignored, half-dealt with a simmering sibling situation.

Aidan is out in the snow playing and Patrick is upstairs on my bed crying after throwing a stopwatch at my back. What happened before that? Patrick wanted to play with Aidan and impress him, and he overdid it, got too wild and scared Aidan. Then Aidan ran and I kept Paddy from chasing him. Just in case you somehow imagine life is perfect around here. It’s not. I am just good at tuning things out. He got my back instead of my face because I had turned away from him to my typing. There’s self-defense for you!

As for housework, I printed out a chart. That’s enough, right?

There is playdough on the floor. I have some on my slippers. And I had to go back and edit this because I forgot a punctuation mark.

…Sigh