By the way, I skipped the coat closet in my journey because I just cleaned and organized it about 2 weeks ago and it can wait until next month since it doesn't get used much in the summer time anyway.
- Wet cloths with soap
- Took all the shoes out of the shoe chest.
- Got out the vacuum
- Vacuumed inside the shoe chest, and around it.
- Scrubbed the inside of the shoe chest, and around it.
- Sorted through the shoes -- threw away the yucky tattered ones, and saved a few pairs to give away.
- Took some stuff out of there, like the chainsaw, and put it in the garage.
- Aidan brought an old plastic bin out of there and sprayed it clean with the hose. I'm not bringing it back in though -- I think I will use it for kindling or something else.
This took close to an hour, but part of the time I was making breakfast, helping Aidan get shoes on, etc.
- The kids will scrub and sweep the floor as part of their Monday chores.
- The walls really need repainting.
- There were some shoes I probably could have given away, strictly speaking, but since there was plenty of room I kept them as extras. We have all sizes of kids and we are quite streamlined on shoes -- the older boys generally have a regular pair, a Sunday pair, some winter boots and sometimes athletic shoes. That's still 24 pairs total! but not really exorbitant considering.
Not really a "before" -- actually a "midway" but you can see all the shoes to sort through.
The trash I got rid of -- that makes 8 bags total so far.
The inside part -- decluttered of shoes.
After -- you can still see some car junk there I need to do something with but I'm leaving it there for now until I tackle the garage, since it's getting congested in there.
Oh, and until I saw the picture I didn't even notice the layer of grime at the bottom of the chest. That's where our dog lies after he's come in from playing in the spring mud outside ;-)
Front of Greatroom