Amy at Epiphany Springs made her own Only for Today Rule of Six based on Pope John XXIII's Daily Decalogue. I liked the idea and today, rinsing dishes, it occurred to me that I could use it right now.
Ever since we've come back from Oregon about a month ago, I've been getting one virus after another, and now that I'm starting to feel a bit better I think I could use a few small "dailies" to keep in mind as I maneuver through the day.
So here's mine, based on what seems to slip the most:
Only for Today:
- I will clean up as I go and be patient and thoughtful about it
- I will pay attention to a child before he or she needs to seek out attention.
- I will go outside, even if only to take a deep breath!
- I will try to keep a pleasant expression on my face.
- I will seek to communicate with someone I don't know very well.
- I will catch up on one thing that has been sliding off my to-do list.