Friday, March 13, 2009

Math Resource Links, and Week in Review

-------------------------------
I had been intending to mention Math Their Way, which a friend gave to me a long time ago, and the fact that you can find the newsletter online in PDF form, along with blackline masters, and it's very interesting.

I just read this post about Math Their Way at Dean's Academy and that reminded me! It's a very good post with photos. I think I will try the idea with the cup and counters with Aidan. That is the sort of thing that's really helpful for him to visualize abstract concepts.

-----------------------------
Katie at CM, Children and Lots of Grace wrote a post "Scheduling and Ritual as Habit" following up on my post about Montessori Immersion in Time and Space. There is lots to think about with this.
----------------------------

I don't feel much like writing a whole Week in Review this week, but you can find the short version at Schola et Studium. Here are those links:

Day 101
Day 102
Day 103
Day 104
Day 105 and Week 25 in Review

Also, Some Early Learning for Week 25 (with photos) -- basically the applied version of some of the therapy ideas I got yesterday at the OT evaluation.

No comments: