Tuesday, March 10, 2009

common routines of ordinary life

Clearing Spaces, (inspired by Sarah at Plainsong) and Spring Cleaning.

Here are the checklists I made last time through the house, which was apparently in the fall. Yep, time for another run through.

On the right is the list I made last time through. I love my blog! So easy to retrieve things. You can click the image to make it larger if you want to, or take a look at the doc form.

I started with week 5 this time, since that's the entry way and I wanted to start as if I was walking into the house and go from there.

Splendor in the Ordinary: Your Home as a Holy Place arrived yesterday in the mail and I thought that would be nice to read through and meditate upon as I progress through the house.

I must say -- how can you go wrong with a book that says within the first 10 pages:

For these common routines of ordinary life are not only necessities and functions: they are also messengers to us from the hallows. Nay, more than messengers, they are those hallows, set hourly before us in visible, touchable, light-of-day forms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, I want to borrow that book!

I am convicted!!!!