Friday, May 04, 2007

May is for Nature Study

This month, my Learning Goal is a natural -- literally, I guess. Nature Study!

I have just started a nature almanac for myself -- in notebook form, not blogging right now. But I'm thinking of starting a nature blog as a family project. I've also resolved to take the children out on a nature walk several times a week. Having a camera this year gives me some motivation.

Here's Ambleside's Nature rotation
Here's MacBeth's Opinion on nature study
Here is Anna Botsford Comstock's Handbook of Nature Study online in PDF and other formats.

Here is the Sierra National Forest where we live. This path is quite near our house, so even Aidan with his limited mobility (mild CP) can go on an easy nature hike.




Here is what the view from our house looks like right now.


Yes, it's snowing today! Good thing I am a procrastinator and didn't have my garden in or anything : ).

2 comments:

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Handbook of Nature Study link. I didn't know about the online copies and am very happy to now have the link.

Unknown said...

SNOW!!!! it'sMay!

We have beeen photo docomenting the Fen here (evrey couple weeks) and taking hand held microscopes. I plan to add drawing to our next excursion.


I think I blogged it a few weeks ago.

Have a GREAT TIME!

I can't wait until Mannuelis up for more and longer walks.