Friday, June 08, 2007

Baking Day

We had some overripe strawberries in the house, so Liam made Strawberry Yogurt Scones yesterday (it is quite chilly outside here in the Sierras if you are wondering how we could stand to have the oven on).

They turned out great.

I didn't get a picture of him making them, but I did get this picture of him and Clare looking at their new digital cameras (his is an early 21st birthday present, and she bought hers with her savings so she could have her own in Ireland).

They are so cute!

I also made Calypso Pizza yesterday. Here is a recipe but the way I do it is simmer the chicken bits in BBQ sauce with a bit of hot sauce added. I use mozzarella instead of Monterey Jack and cheddar. I don't add the bell peppers and onions, but I do sprinkle some jalapenos (we like spicy in this family).

I make a garlic white sauce to go under the cheese.... like this.

This is the best picture I got -- I was experimenting with light and it didn't exactly work.

Either a very good food day -- or a BAD food day, depending on how you look at it!

No comments: