Friday, June 29, 2007

Mo shuile togam suas

Mo shuile togam suas --- "I will lift up mine eyes"

We got back from Ireland on June 24th. I have been busy since then with the birthday of a second son, seeing off another teenage son for football camp, and unpacking and the piles of laundry -- plus getting the house ready for possible visitors next week! not much time on the computer! but here are some pictures from our last couple of days, in Ennis, Co. Clare.

We want to go back there! Anyone up for it? : )

Quin Abbey in County Clare


Brendan got a shillelagh and Paddy got a little sword

Aidan looks like he could stay here forever.

Long view of Quin Abbey


The sanctuaryAn upper court

View from the inside to the outside


Knappogue Castle

Kieron, Sean, Aidan and Clare at the Kings' table in the banqueting hall


Our hotel lobby, at the Old Ground Hotel in Ennis, Clare -- Kieron was a bit tired but Liam and Paddy seem to be doing fine...

8 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Great pics!

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

And Aidan looks like a natural!

love2learnmom said...

It looks beautiful! I'm glad you had a nice visit.

Alice Gunther said...

These pictures of Ireland fill me with so much longing!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

I love the Gaelic title of this post, and the children are just lovely!

Welcome home!!!

momof3feistykids said...

How beautiful!!! :-) I hope to go to Ireland someday.

Anonymous said...

Count the Richmond's IN!! Just let us know when!! (And pray Ma's house sells so we can go!)
I cried to see Aidan so happy! I just want to kiss his little face!
Love the photos!
Hugs,
Lori

Mrs. Darling said...

Some day I m going to go to Ireland. Just see if I dont!!

Mary Vitamin (Helen) said...

Thanks for the pictures WIlla.
I love the header!!

Willa said...

The header is a picture of Slea Head, near Dingle -- that's my daughter in the photo. I love it too.