Owl at Owl Flutter tagged me for a morphed version of the Eight Things meme. The new meme’s rules:
1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.
4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
I have a sort of boring middle name, so I decided to try it in Latin.
J — In libris libertas - In books, freedom (had to cheat on that one since J’s are scarce in Latin).
E – Est queadam fiere voluptas - There is a certain pleasure in weeping. (Ovid)
A- Age quod agis -Do what you are doing. (This is my remedy for my ADD).
N — Non multa, sed multum - Not many, but much. (Pliny) (this is my other ADD remedy) (runner-up for N –Non scholae sed vitae discimus - We do not learn for school, but for life. (Seneca))
That actually turned out to be harder than I thought it would be. There are lots of Latin proverbs but not as many which are statements in the declarative rather than exhortations in the imperative mode.
NOTE: If you are inclined to ADD, don’t put cookies in the oven just before you start trying to do this.
Nota Bene: If you like Latin tags, this is a nice site