Wednesday, July 18, 2007

In Which I Rely on My Daughter

I haven't been around much recently on this blog and this explains why.

So for this entry I'm relying my daughter's artistry and hard work.

Here are some pictures my daughter took of our temporary isolation up in the mountains.(that's one of them, of Aidan, there on the side)


Also, if you check out my daughter's recent blog entries, there are some more pictures of our trip to Ireland:

Return from Ireland
More sights of Dublin
Our Cottage in Killarney
The Cottage Again

and a post about Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

She also kept the kitchen running and Paddy happy while I was up at the cabin with Aidan over the weekend. She even made muffins. And we got to have some nice mother and daughter time on the last day, when she was up there with me and Aidan.

Having a bit of time to spend almost-alone with Liam, and then Clare, was a silver lining to this unexpected medical storm. We are in the eye of the storm right now -- the calm in the middle -- while waiting to see if and when Aidan and his other two siblings come down with the virus.

I don't know if you have ever heard Love is a Voyage by John McDermott, sung by Christy Moore and also the Irish Tenors. It is a sweet Irish song comparing married life to a voyage. Part of it goes:

Life is an ocean and love is a boat
In troubled water that keeps us afloat
When we started the voyage, there was just me and you
Now gathered round us, we have our own crew


We have thought of that song more than once during some of the crises of the past few years, and this time, once again, I was proud of our crew as we sailed through some slightly rough waters.

No comments: