Friday, July 07, 2006

Managing Life

I woke up early, planning for some reason.

I think one of the reasons for my tiredness MAY be lack of routine in the day. Just a theory — but I’ve noticed in the past that when I have no way of measuring my energy output or pacing out the workload, the drain accumulates faster. I have a very loose schedule that’s evolved organically, but it is rather minimal and doesn’t leave me feeling productive.

I’d like to have a flexible but constructive routine. A tall order? perhaps? but something to work for.

All last year while I deschooled I read home organization and psychology books. I found an organization system that has been really solid and works as long as I do, which of course is the big conditional part of any system.

Anyway, here are some of the things I wanted to carve out time for:

  • Reading out loud
  • Art /drawing time
  • Nature study time
  • Game times.
  • Occasional field trips.
  • Short term lessons or learning experiences.
  • Community involvement/friends.

There are probably more; I plan to make a page eventually. You can see how some of these might be daily, some weekly, some monthly or seasonal. So I could color-code them like I do my housework chores. Purple ones could be personal, like:

  • Story-writing
  • Latin
  • Researching
  • Other writing.

Anyway, I think I will start making a list of things and add to it as I come across new ideas that I’d love to incorporate.

No comments: